If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Friday, March 2, 2012

2012: Post 5 – A Newfoundland Artist

For those who follow my blog, you may notice I have added a new blog under "MY BLOG LIST".  It is the blog of Dwayne Lewis, a very talented Newfoundland artist that I have known and have worked with for the last 20 years. 

Some time ago I had him do a sketch of my father-in-law and then a couple years later another one of my mother-in-law, both were gifts to my spouse.  These he created from a few snapshots I gave him... 

The Old Skipper with his shed in the background...

The Old Skipper's wife, all dressed up...

I also have a print of his "Avalon Brown" painting hanging in my rec-room.  If you go to his web-site under Limited Edition Prints you will see this print and a bunch of his other paintings.  It is certainly worth a look through his web-site and blog.  His talent clearly shows in his art.

Dwayne is a very down to earth fellow, rather humble in regards to his artistic talents, loves the outdoors, and took up diving a little while ago (I believe he knows Neil and Ysebelle through diving).  Anyway, I thought I would add a plug for him and his web-site and his blog.  I am sure you could obtain a print or even commission him to create something for you if you so desired.

Okay, so since my blog is a kayaking blog I have to relate this entry back to kayaking...  Well, a while ago Dwayne told me he would like to try kayaking so maybe I will manage to get him out one day later on when it warms up a little... Being an outdoors kind of guy maybe he'll get hooked on the sport and it will allow him exposure to a part of Newfoundland that he can paint that is only able to be seen from the seat of a kayak...

1 comment:

  1. Nice stuff. I notice that Dwayne makes sure that his name is watermarked across his pictures on his website. You might want to do the same, Dean, just to stop unlawful reproduction! There's a lot of shameless people out there!!

    ReplyDelete