If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Sunday, May 5, 2019

2019 - Post 4 - Bay Bulls

Yesterday was a fine day for paddling.  Hazen emailed and said that he and Paul were going to Bay Bulls for some paddling.  Some of our paddling buddies opted to do a bike ride instead with plans of paddling on Sunday (also called for to be a good day on the water).  But Clyde and I chose to head to Bay Bulls in support of Paul's first paddle this calendar year.

Some pics from our paddle...

Puttin' in

The water was pretty flat, and we hugged the shoreline as we paddled out the bay....



... and paddled inside of rocks...

Hazen

Now and then I put my camera behind me and click, just to see what I get...

Paul
 Still some ice hanging around... 


(BTW, I hiked Mickeleen's Path a couple weekend ago, which is above where we paddled today, and there was lots of ice and snow still hanging on then...)




Does this qualify as a 'burgy bit'?  Probably not... 


There were more waves and action at the headland...



We rafted up in pairs and had a little on-water rest at the headland before heading back. 

We took out on a little beach a couple kilometres from the put-in so legs could be stretched and bladders emptied....



It was an awesome day for a first paddle.  This was only my sixth time in my kayak this year.  Today was an awesome day for a paddle as well... I wonder how the rest of our paddling buddies made out on the water today.  I was tempted to paddle again, but instead I chose to go for a hike....


The great weather we had this weekend gives me hope we have turned a corner and real spring is upon up...



No comments:

Post a Comment