If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Monday, July 22, 2019

2019 - Post 11 - Sunday Solo Paddle (mostly)

I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt... and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so... Oh wait now!  That's not what happened....

I woke up Sunday morning and checked the weather.  My legs were a little sore from hiking Spurwink Island Path the day before.  I thought about going for another hike, but when I checked the weather I decided it was a good morning for paddle instead.

I quickly emailed a bunch of people to let them know I was going to be in Bay Bulls if they were interested in joining.  It was short notice so I didn't expect anyone to show, but you just never know.

Arriving at the slipway there were kayaks waiting.  The Outfitters operates tours in the area and I knew I would likely encounter them on my way back.





Stillness...



I handrailed the southern side, checking out some caves along the way...


Fowl company...



A little waterfall....



A bigger one...




Ah yes, my destination.  I paddled and weaved among Baboul Rocks for a while, preoccupied with my thoughts....




... and watching the Puffins...



.. and the cod jigging persons...


... and then made my way around the headland to have a look at Gull Island in Witless Bay.  I thought about paddling over to the island, but decided to turn back.




I chatted with some of the fishermen in the vicinity for a while and watched a fellow haul in a pot-bellied, sizable cod, but most were smaller sized.  I finally started making my way back along the way I had come.

In the distance I could see the touring paddlers and suspected who might be guiding today...  

Yep, it was The G-man.  Been a while since I've him.




They weren't going much further out and so I decided to tag along to add a couple more kilometres to the morning.




What a splendid morning on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment