If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

2015: Post 4 – Away from St. Philips

All of my paddles so far this year have been out of St. Philips... That does not bother me though; paddling is paddling.  But today we decided a change of scenery was in order.  So we drove a little farther and paddled out of Long Pond, over to, and around, Kelley's Island.  

It's been a while since I have been to Kelley's Island.  I just checked my log book and it seems I had not been there at all last year.  In fact the last entry I can find on Kelly's Island was in June of 2013!!  I looked through my blog but I have no entry for that paddle... must have forgotten my camera.  Rest assured though, Tony has an entry for that day ... click here.

Anyway... today Terry, Tony, Clyde, and I met this chilly morning in Long Pond and had a fine paddle...

Some pics to share...

The put-in

Kelly's Island in sight

By the time we had crossed to the
island we were getting a little iced up

Icicles clinging to the cliffs

Tony

Terry

Da boys

Terry

Clyde

Frozen waterfall

Da boys again

A nice beach for a break

The Kometik was anchored about
two-thirds of the way over to Kelley's Island

While we were checking out the Kometik, Clyde realized he had forgotten his glasses on the beach where we had taken out for a little break.  With much grumbling and complaining from the rest of us, we reluctantly paddled back with him to retrieve his glasses.  Perhaps the next time Clyde paddles with us I think one of us may leave something on the beach too... seems like a fantastic way to extend a day paddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment