If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Monday, April 22, 2019

2019 - Post 3 - Chocolate Chip Cookies...

I paddled three times in January.  I intended to paddle more this winter/spring but it seemed whenever the weekend came it was either too windy for sensible paddling, or there was something that kept me off the water.  Between paddles though I have done seventeen day hikes and five bike rides to date, so I am keeping on the move... However, I paddled the last two weekends in a row! 

On April 13, I picked up Clyde and we drove out to Avondale to paddle with Tony, Brian, and Sue... We unloaded the kayaks and when I went to suit up I realized I had forgotten my drysuit!!  Doh!  Well shit happens now and then.  So Clyde and I loaded our kayaks back on the car and drove to my house and then we went out to St. Philips for a run down to Topsail Beach... I just couldn't fathom driving back out to Avondale... There were no pics from that day as I also forgot my camera.  Seems the lack of paddling had caused me to forget how to put all my paddling gear together.

On Saturday past (April 20) I woke up, checked the weather and emailed a few people to see if anyone wanted to paddle... I was going regardless but company is always good.  Hazen and Terry showed up at St. Philips and we made for Topsail Beach...

A few pics to share....









Per usual, we pulled up on Topsail Beach for a little break...



... and were treated to some home made cookies that Terry's wife (Sharon) sent along for us...




Geeze they were good!  Thanks Sharon; keep that up and you may become Julie's replacement... Julie, if you are reading this, you are still missed but have yet to be replaced by anyone yet, however, now and then, we end up with a treat but haven't seen a big tray of gooey brownies magically appear from the hatch of any kayaks.... hint, hint to all the paddling bakers out there...



Calm wind, good buddies, and home-made cookies... just about as perfect a day as you could want on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment