If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

2011: Post 13 - Mid-week paddle

Yesterday I had the day off from work.  Myself and Tony decided to paddle the 5 km from St. Philips to Bell Island.  Then we headed towards the North end, crossed back over to Portugal Cove, and then back to St. Philips for a total of 16.5 km.  We started out with no wind and ended paddling into a 20 km or so headwind by the time we got back. It was a great way to break up my work week.


Tony heading over to Bell Island

Lack of wind in Newfoundland is a rare occurance.
But here is the proof that it does happen.
This was taken about mid-way over.

Just decided to take a shot from a different perspective...

If it looks like the kayak might fit, you just gotta try...
I believe this is called Dominion Pier.

My camera has a 'drawing' picture taking feature so I decided to try it out...





No comments:

Post a Comment