If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Friday, April 19, 2013

2013: Post 13 – Middle of the week paddle

On the afternoon of Tuesday past, Tony sent an e-mail to see if anyone was interested in a short paddle to Portugal Cove.  It was a very nice afternoon and I had nothing on my plate after work... so at the end of the work day I headed home, loaded up my kayak and gear, and headed out to St. Philips...

A few pics...





When we arrived at Portugal Cove, Tony sat and waited for a chance to do a little rock-hopping.  He mis-timed and soon felt his hull touching the bottom as the water sucked out from under him...


After snapping the above pic I could see the swell coming in behind him and hit the video button and got this short clip...


We only logged just over nine kilometres but it was a great bit of fun on a nice spring evening...


No comments:

Post a Comment