If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2011: Post 39 – A moonlight paddle

Last night the conditions were right for a moonlight paddle from St. Philips to Topsail Beach.  A healthy crew of ten paddlers showed up for the paddle but the main attraction - the moon - decided to not partake; it stayed hidden behind a cover of cloud.  But moon or not, we were intent on paddling...

I have paddled in the dark several times in the past and I have paddled from St. Philips to Topsail Beach many times, but for me paddling it at night was a first.  We had a good bit of fun and it was good to see a few paddlers show up that I have not paddled with, or even seen, for a while.

It's hard to get good pictures in the dark.  But here are some of the ones I took...


Stan

Sue

The last of the sun

Derrick and Gerard
Tony
Gary

Sean

Hazen

Gerard

Brian
I think it was about 10:30 pm when we got off the water... maybe just a little too late for some paddlers....




Thanks to all who showed up for this paddle.  It was great to see those of you that I have not paddled with for a while, and just as great to see those of you whom I paddle with on a frequent basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment