If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

2014: Post 30 – The Julie Show

I had ordered a new drytop (Koatat Hydrus 3L Stoke) and it had showed up a couple days ago.  I wanted to try it out so last night I was half-contemplating a short paddle out of St. Philips this morning.  The wind was forecast to be low in the morning, picking up in the afternoon, increasing in the evening.  

When I checked the local paddling newsgroup, Julie had put on a post to see if anyone was interested in a short paddle in the morning before the wind came up.  Well that was the little kick I needed to make up my mind.  So I e-mailed her I was interested.

The plan was to meet at St. Philips at 9:30 am.  I had everything ready to go by 8:30 and a few minutes later my cell phone rang.  It was Julie.  I thought she was going to cancel. She said she was all ready to go and wanted to know if I was interested in getting on the go earlier than planned... As I was going out the door I thought to myself, "yep, she's a kayakoholic too..." 

I guess nobody else responded to her posting because only I showed up for the paddle... so most of my pictures have Julie in them.  Along the way I said that since there was only her to take pictures of that today's paddling episode was The Julie Show...  

We paddled from St. Philips to Topsail Beach in calm waters and just as we started back the wind picked up a little to give us a push from behind.

Some pics to share...


The put-in at St. Philips







Take-out at Topsail Beach



Back at St. Philips

Here's a short video I took on the way back to St. Philips of the star of The Julie Show...



Thanks Julie, for sharing the water this morning.  



No comments:

Post a Comment