If you just go for a paddle than you can stop thinking about wanting to go for a paddle.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

2011: Post 60 – A non-picture paddle today

Today Tony, Clyde and I paddled from St. Philips to Portugal Cove and back.  I started out by taking a picture of the guys getting ready on the slipway at St. Philips.  The wind was from the Northwest and I could see the waves on the horizon as we started out of the cove.  My immediate thoughts were that there should be lot's of opportunity to get a few good shots of the guys today…

As soon as we paddled out of the cove it became evident that it was gonna be a bouncy ride to Portugal Cove with the waves and swell.  As per usual, Clyde stayed pretty close to the shore and I decided to follow behind him to wait for my opportunity to get a few pics.  But then I was having so much fun bouncing around that I decided to just enjoy the day and forget about pictures.  I didn’t even turn my camera on, other than to take that first picture. 

So this is the only picture I have to share…



The guys did take some pictures though.  For pics of today’s paddle you can check out Clyde's and Tony’s blogs.

It is just a short paddle (about 5 kms each way) but when the conditions are right, like today, you can have a lot of fun along the shore...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dean and Clyde for sharing today's paddle. It was a very enjoyable day.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could tell that you were having a lot of fun today. Be careful though, paddling around those rocks can be highly addictive :)

    ReplyDelete